How to get more views on YouTube in 9 simple, quick and FREE steps

How to get more views on YouTube in 9 simple, quick and FREE steps

The difference between just uploading a video on YouTube, and uploading a video on YouTube that gets LOTS OF VIEWS, can actually be pretty small. What’s surprising is that most people don’t know how to jump the thin line into the “lots of views” boat. What’s even MORE surprising is that jumping the line doesn’t always rely on great video content! In fact I’ve seen a million amazing videos attracting barely any views. Considering YouTube gets 100 HOURS of new uploads every MINUTE!, maybe the fact that some get noticed and some don’t isn’t that mystifying after all.

Believe it or not, the fastest way to increase your view count is to Buy YouTube Views. Almost every major musician is doing this to kick start their videos. Learn more HERE.

This first post in a series of tutorials, tips and strategies, will give you 9 steps to help you get more views, and get you off the ground.

*Here is an updated post by Tegan (one of our resident ninjas) on how to get more views on YouTube for free.

1) Name your video file with relevant keywords before you upload to YouTube. For example: if it is your latest cover of “Rihanna – Diamonds” then the obvious name for the video file is rihanna-diamonds.mov

2) Title your movie with catchy keywords AND BE SURE TO DO YOUR RESEARCH. Similarly you need to create a title that contains your keywords but at the same time is enticing to click. You may even want to go to YouTube and see what is already there when you type “Rihanna Diamonds”. When I did that, the number one video that came up was obviously the original from Rihanna which has over 270,000,000 views titled simply “Rihanna – Diamonds”. One technique is to title your video with a similar title to another popular video. E.g you could use something like “Rihanna – Diamonds (Cover) by Asher Fergusson”. This will give you a good chance of ranking in the “related videos” section of YouTube and therefore bring a ton of extra views. Here is the free tool from YouTube that enables you find the most popular keywords.

3) Fill out the video description with at least 2 – 3 paragraphs of text. This is an important step that most people overlook. YouTube wants to know what your video is about and the video description section is the best way to validate this. So I recommend you either write a 2 minute transcript of the video or at the very least 2 paragraphs explaining its contents. It should include all your main key words in a natural way. For a music video you can put the lyrics to the song or at least some of them.

4) Put all the keywords from the title and description in the “tags” section. The next step is to fill out the YouTube tags section with all the main key words and phrases that relate to your video. This is a super important part of YouTube SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and really helps your video show up in different search results. For example you could use; Rihanna, Rhianna, Rianna, Cover, video, Diamonds, unapologetic, Asher Fergusson. These tags are based on both the example video’s keywords and the keywords of other popular YouTube videos.

Network your video

5) Share your video with all your friends – quickly! YouTube loves new videos and gives them an extra chance to rank well in the first week or so after being uploaded. So to take advantage of this, you’ll need to be a ninja and share the video in every way you know. Get Facebook likes, learn how to get more followers on Twitter and then send it to everyone there. Email it, and tell your friends to do the same if they like the video. If you have a Facebook fanpage then this is perfect content for that page and depending on the fan base can quickly get you a lot of views. rihanna-diamonds-youtube-views

6) Make a video response to an already popular video on YouTube. Using the above example video, the perfect video response choice is Rihanna – Diamonds. This means that your video will appear below this video that has already had over 270 million views. If your title and thumbnail are enticing enough then there is a chance you’ll get 1000’s of referring views.

7) Encourage sharing, allow comments, video responses and embedding of your video. Everyone likes to be heard and if you allow for comments then you will give people that chance. The other thing about comments is that it creates a community around the video and if a conversation is taking place then people will keep coming back. Allowing video responses to your video means a lot of extra people could link to your video via theirs, resulting in many more views. Similarly, if you allow anyone to embed your video on their website, it is like free advertising and the video could easily end up all over the internet. This is often how the most views are achieved with a video.

8 ) Embed your new video prominently on your website to create 2 way traffic. This serves to give your video a link but also additional views that don’t require someone to see it on YouTube. All you need to do is to go to your video on YouTube, click the “< Embed >” button and copy the code. Then go to your website and paste the code in the html wherever you want the video to appear on your site.

9) Have your fellow bloggers reference or embed the video on their site as well. If you have friends who also have websites, ask if they can embed the video for you. Having them write an article is also very good and will increase your views tremendously depending on the traffic they already receive to their site.

10) Buy YouTube Views. Lastly, one little known fact is that with most music videos the record label usually buys somewhere between 1 and 3 million views and 1000’s of likes upon the launch of the video. This is to quickly increase the credibility and help the video go viral. Here at Galaxy Ninja we offer this service and regular work on major music videos as well as business and personal videos. Learn more about it HERE.

So there you have it – How to get more views on YouTube in 9 simple, quick and free steps. The main ingredient in building the knowledge of how to optimize your video for YouTube is achieved with practice. Like most things, the more you practice, the more skilled you will become. As a result, the more traffic you generate, will in turn create more business opportunities. By utilising this social networking site you’ll figure out all kinds of little known tricks and be expertly guided through many tips and techniques that will help raise you above your competition. Good luck and enjoy hours of fun while you learn to be a Pro YouTube Ninja! Let us know how you go with these tips in the comments section below. If you do all these things you may be surprised how many views you suddenly get!

Asher Fergusson

Asher Fergusson

• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

181 Comments

1. Search Engine Optimization is always super important… Even on YouTube.

2. Asher,
    I am curious about point number 3. It is my experience that people do not read the description’s on videos they simply watch them and quickly move onto the next video. Are there stats on the percentage of people that read the description? And is the description important for SEO? Thanks for this post!

J

3. Hi Jonathon,

I am not sure how many people actually read the descriptions. The point of filling out the description is to let Youtube know exactly what your video is about. Otherwise they just have go by the title and tags.

I have seen many videos with a good description out perform videos without it over and over again. Of course there are many other factors that influence rankings such as the number of views and comments, but the description is one easy step that you have complete control over.

So the description is primarily for SEO.

4. This is great Advice, thanks for posting.

5. Posts like this bihrgten up my day. Thanks for taking the time.

• Thanks!

6. Hi Asher! Thanks for the advice. I have entered my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KWIJjraFiA into a contest that is based on the number of YouTube views with only the top 5 get a chance to audition. Honesty, I started a little late but I am currently am stuck at 302 views for 24 hours. I have tried to follow your 9 steps but still stuck at a low view count. I have even employed Constant Contact Email Marketing to get the word out. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance, Jeff Weatherford

• Hi Jeff,

Your video looks well optimized. I would recommend that you send it to as many people as possible. Share it on Facebook, link to it from your website etc etc.

You could also try making it a video response to a popular video in the “neighborhood” of your genre.

Your video is ranking fairly well for this search “the fish celebrate freedom 2011″ on Youtube but there may not be many people searching for this.

There can also be some luck involved so – Good Luck!

Best,

Asher.

• Thanks Asher for the advice and the views! :-)

One last question: I’ve noticed that some people when sharing a YouTube video on Facebook, for example have turned off the “embedding” of the video on external sites. Do “embedded views” of a YouTube video actually get counted as views or are only views on the YouTube channel/site counted?

• Views do get counted from being embedded on sites and actually this usually one of the major ways it gets views. Another way that a lot of views come through is if your video shows up as a “related video” to a very popular video.

Best,

Asher.

7. HI Asher, I just read this article about “frozen view counts” http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=175736 which states, “YouTube employs proprietary technology to prevent the artificial inflation of a video’s viewcount by spam bots, malware and other means. We validate views to ensure the accuracy of the viewcount of all videos beginning with the first view. This validation process becomes publicly visible when the viewcount reaches 300. At this point, the viewcount may slow or temporarily freeze until we have time to verify that all further views are legitimate. Rest assured that the views system is working as intended, and that the viewcount will update as soon as the system has verified the legitimacy of the views.”

Question: what does YouTube consider as means of “artificial inflation”? I have heard that once you reach 300 views, each IP address is considered only 1 view from then on. In other words, opening the site in 20 tabs in your browser and clicking REPLAY is pointless. Is this true? Just trying to understand the process.

Thanks again! Jeff W.

• I would be doubtful that views coming from the same IP would be considered only one view because many University campuses and office buildings are all on the same IP.

With that said there probably is some algorithm to stop “artificial inflation.” Obviously if 1 million views came from one IP that would be super artificial.

Best,

Asher.

8. Thank you for your advice, hopefully it helps out our “worst commercial EVER!”

9. Please View All My Video’s On My YouTube Channel, (: And Please Sub, (= iHave Alot Of Awesome Video’s On My Channel, Enjoy My Video’s, (;

10. Hi Asher, I dont know… I put in lots of tags for my music that I uploaded in spanish, but even when I search for them without going through my channel I don’t find any of my videos. My descriptions are not very long, and they are in spanish, but I am wondering why Youtube would care about the description? How would that help the views rise?

In advance, thank you for your help.

Natalia

ie) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MF6vEAlsrg

11. also, I dont know if I tag correctly, do you separate words with commas, or quotation marks, or simply spaces?

thanks again

Natalia

12. Hi Natalia,

It looks like the competition for “Virgenes del Sol” is very high because there are so many videos competing for that keyword and many of them have millions of views. In this case it makes it difficult to rank unless you also get a lot of views within a short time of uploading.

Alternatively you could adjust the title to something with less competition but is still representative of your video. YouTube cares about the description because it helps them know the content of the video.

With the tags you can do any of those methods but quotation is useful for a keyphrase that is more than one word e.g “Virgenes del Sol” would be good.

Hope this helps,

Asher.

13. thanks for the help, i already have seen a rise in views in the last 30 minutes Thanks!

14. Hey Thanks for the tips, I just released my song and I am trying to get more video views…

Thanks-
    Frank

15. Thanks for the advice time to get to work.

16. Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Maybe I’ll write some more soon.

Asher.

17. Hey, wondering if you actually wouldn’t mind helping me get views. I believe that I am one of the people that have greats stuff but can’t get noticed. Try typing Little Kurt Churlish Proletariat. If you do not mind. You don’t need to watch it. But possibly spread my channel around as much as possible? Thing is, I don’t want my area (Friends, Family, etc.) to really know until I am pretty popular and can show people like it; therefore they will most likely accept it.

18. Hello. What would be your advise in my last videos to get more views? They are musical videos…
    I’ll give you the links:

Here, for example… What would be your advise for me to get more views???
    My official video of my album is comming in two weeks and I need more views. I’ve done all I can in facebook and people helping me sharing it. But still… I haven’t been able to get further that

19. thankyou i will try and use these tips :)

20. Thanks for the information. I like most of the suggestions. I’ve tried some, yet it’s hard to get people to listen to your music when you don’t have a label behind you.
    http://youtu.be/pz7L0cW7I-M this is my page. enjoy the music if you like Hip-hop.. If not, just listen to the content. hope to hear from you.

George

21. Hi Everyone,

There have been a number of questions about help getting more views. We have recently launched our services to help people get more youtube views here http://www.galaxyninja.com/youtube/

Try it out if you want one of our expert Ninjas to help you.

All the best,

Asher.

22. I Will have to come back again when my course load lets up – nevertheless I am getting your Rss feed so i can go through your internet site offline. Cheers.

23. Pretty good advice. Thanks for tips! It helped one of my videos to get to 1,500 views, which is pretty good I think.
    One more thing, not to spam, but check out my new video please!

Anchorman-Top 10 Best Quotes

24. I’m glad it helped Ashford. You have some nice videos! :)

25. Hey, interesting advice, I followed some of it i think. Anyway, everyone should watch this video, it’s awesome… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZEHlBL7S08 they should also share it with everyone they know on all social media and embed it on their website OBVS LOL!!!

26. I’ll be trying the sharing on everything tip :P

Watch this!!!! It’s my little sister dancing to one of her favorite songs. She LOVES to dance :D

27. Hi my daughter has great original music that we have been trying to get views inn YouTube! Done ok so far by using all the tips you recommended…please share her YouTube channel for us..Her channel is sydneysingerleigh. She has a couple original songs and is only 13 years old. She also pops up when .ou google or YouTube search Sydney Leigh “my life”. Thanks in advance

28. I had a YouTube account that got around 400 views per video but then it got hacked so now I have a new one with only one video that has 10 views. Is there anything I can do to move the viewers to my new account?

29. Can I buy any less than 5k views?

30. Hey I have tried all your tips and still nothing. I posted it on both facebook and twitter, sent it to all my friends, posted video responses, etc and I still got nothing. Can you explain what I am doing wrong? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3ewABaHDMU

31. Hi Melissa,
    My suggestions are to write a little more detailed description about South Park and related keywords and make it a video response to a highly viewed South Park video. You could also try posting it to the appropriate Sub Reddit on Reddit.com or other relevant forums. Another option is to try our YouTube promotion service – http://www.galaxyninja.com/youtube
    All the best,
    Asher.

32. Thanks for the advice, i have a couple of subscribers that tell me i have a great voice for my videos and my quality isnt bad for just starting out, i do minecraft lets plays and couple other things, you can check you my channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/munkiininja124 please share with friends!

33. That picture of the surprised kitty doesnt have a description…

34. Thank you so much for posting tis it is very helpful. So, that is why i will post a link to a video that my friend ans I made for a contest. Anyone who sees this please take the time to watch and share it, and fell good in your frontal lobe with knowing that you helped to young girls fulfill their dreams.

35. Subscribe and I’ll subscribe back! :)

36. Thanks for the great article. Some of us are not young and good looking so it’s doubly hard to get viewers. We almost have to PAY people to look at our ugly mugs. I’ve had a channel for over 2 years, my neighbor’s daughter puts one up of her dancing in her pj’s and gets 10 times more subscribers than me in 2 months (heavy sigh) LOL

37. @Tom LOL – yeah it certainly is easier for some more than others :) but optimizing the title, description and tags of your YouTube video definitely helps give us not so photogenic ones a chance!

38. i have two questions and they are very important to me as i want to make a youtube channel and i hope they are important for many of you to and some answers will be appreciated!! :)!

1. Does the video description has anything to do with searching for your video similar to tags or is it just a description of a video for viewers?

2. lets say i have an mp3 and the artist name is salih jasim and i do some research to see what are the best tags i put in…so i find out his name is spelled as salih jasem, salih jasim, salih jesam, salih jesim, saleh jasim, saleh jesim etc…..when doing my tags do i put all possible names like i did with comas or do i just put””””salih saleh jasem jasim jesim jesam…please do me an example and some explaining this is my biggest questions and i hope someone has an answer..THANK YOU

39. Hi Justin,

1) Yes, the description is part of the YouTube Search algorithm. Make sure it is relevant to the video and that it is not copied and pasted from somewhere else on the Internet – ideally it is uniquely written about the video and at least 2 paragraphs.

2) Yes, put all variations of a keyword in the tags section. Use quotation marks for each variation like “salih jasem”, “salih jasim” etc.

Good luck!

Asher.

40. two good answers that i wasnt sure about and i will now use them both..thank you

41. We have a Family YouTube Channel with all of our adventures in parenting with our newborn daughter. Most of the videos have about 10-20 views even though we share them on all our Social Media and have good titles, descriptions, and tags.

What suggestions would you have to increase our views and subsribers?

Here is our channel:

42. Thank you Asher your the best you really open my eyes i thank you heeps I will not for get what you have done for my Documentary I wish you all the best.

43. @Ricky – I would suggest you have more catchy titles and more detailed descriptions. Also if you make the videos shorter, just focused on the exciting content then it is more likely someone will share.

@Promalakai it’s our pleasure!

44. Hi, I see this post is a few years old, but still has some great advice for getting more traffic and views.
    Thanks

45. Asher,
    I am wanting to start a tutorial YouTube channel for Tabata and similar HIIT. Here is my first video, can you please critique it for me?
    bit.ly/WxEpi9

46. @Dustin

It looks good. There doesn’t seem to be tags though? You may want to get a highly searched keyword in your title such as “muscle building” or “body building” or something similar. Also the sound quality of the video is not so good – I had to turn up my speakers.
    Good Luck!
    Asher.

47. Thanks again Ninja G hey if i want to get 500,000 veiw is their a discount prices???

48. Hey Engel,
    It could be as simple as having “minecraft” written at the beginning of the title. The keywords should be at the start of the title as much as possible.
    Asher.

49. So much for good advice the surprised kitten vid has no description lol !!!

50. @BikerBenny Yes – that video is an example of a video that is so viral that it doesn’t really need to be optimized but if it was it would probably have even more views!

51. Hey Asher, thanks for the post great advice, I have just recently started helping promote growind EDM artists.

I have been scouring the web to find great advice on how to get more subscribers, and views. Do you know how long until I will be able to upgrade and be able to create my own banner (The thing on top of my channel that is fully customized)

Do you know of any good websites, blogs, or channels that might help increase my numbers for EDM music promotion?

Also if I were to post a song from one of the artists I am promoting, would it be good to post up something like “(Artist) – (song name) “this artists influences” (NewClubDubstep)

Thanks for taking the time.

52. Hey there,
    To have a fully customizable header banner you need to be a YouTube partner.

In terms of sites for helping with EDM music there are many. Here is an example http://www.goodmusicallday.com/ – they get good traffic.

Getting keywords in the title is super important. We have promoted musicians who do covers and they can do extremely well getting over 1 million hits because of “related video” traffic. So whenever you get keywords like other musicians that influence you in your title, description and tags that will help getting more views.

Good luck!

Asher.

53. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dm1v7MYXEA&feature=g-hist Por favor ayudenme a ver este video necesito views pero no puede seguir los anteriores pasos porque este no es un video que este en mi canal pero es para un concurso y en realidad necesitamos views les agradeceria mucho :)

54. Hey I have a youtube channel called 5ivestarcomedy and I would love to hear what you think about it as well as any additional advice on how I can increase views. I produce a video every week and I am just wondering if there is more I can do to get views or if my videos are truly unenjoyable.

55. Thanks so much! I’ve done all the steps, but the social network thing… Yearh, my friends are super inactive, and I don’t have any blogs that could help me. Still thanks for the great advice!

56. PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL, GREAT STUFF THEIR, AND GREAT STUFF COMING, CRAZY!

57. Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. Please go and check out my videos and give me some feedback. I am new to all this stuff and I am not a very technological person. I am 66 years old and just started learning about computers and the internet a few years ago. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
    Grandpa Roy Brown

58. Thank you so much, is great advice…

59. Thanks for the nice tips. I’ll be sure to apply them and continue to promote my channel / website in every possible way … by starting here ;)
    Do visit the YouTube channel “GAMANGAWORLD” and http://gamanga.com/ for HD-gameplays.

60. Keyword research is key. If you do just a little and find keywords with enough search volume but with little competition you can organically rank on google fast and get a constant flow of views to your videos.

61. Latest Trick i Have found i think it will be help full for every Youtubers! Every Youtuber Have a good Question, How to get Views and Subscribers on youtube videos for Free……………….:)

62. Thanks for tips, I have question, I am music producer, and there are lots and lots people like me, what do you suggest for best names for it? Is it best way to put music genre 1st word in name? please if u will take time just give some good advice about this video okey? it is my most popular video I put 1 year a go and it has hardly about 1000 views …

63. Hi my name is SteenRNS ,25 years old.
    I`d like to promote my melodic ,progressive and uplifting trance.
    If your fond of melodies at all you should realy take a listen.
    Search for SteenRNS in youtube and you`ll find me.
    Make sure to share it with others if you like it.
    I`ll have to use some of these tips and tricks to get some more views.
    This was a great article and will propably help a lot of people who strive for views and awereness.
    All i want is to some day hear my own compositions at a club or similar. =)

64. Hey what’s up,

I’m Anouk and i’d like to promote my little video that i made of my brother :)

I’d would mean a lot to me if you’d watch it and gave it a little thumbs up!

Thanks!! :)

65. ATTENTION EVERYONE! Please visit my latest videos! Everyone is talking about this… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TWT2hfONRk PLEASE make our new Channel BIG! THANKS Guys For Your Support!:)

66. So, the key to getting the most views on Youtube is making videos that have to be completely related to popular videos and then spam your video around it like your video is the sun and their video is the Earth so that you can gather popularity from someone else? I think this guide should be redone to have it not COMPLETELY rely on popular videos.

67. @DigitorliX The tips in this tutorial don’t only rely on a popular video. It is more going by keyword research to know which words are popular and searched for the most. Here is the free tool given by YouTube to help you find the best keywords https://ads.youtube.com/keyword_tool

Cheers,

Asher.

68. thanks for the advice and guys please check out my video I really want some constructive comments so please please take ur time to watch it.

69. Fantastic blog! Do you have any suggestions for aspiring
    writers? I’m planning to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on
    everything. Would you advise starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option?
    There are so many options out there that I’m totally confused .. Any recommendations? Thank you!

70. Thanks for the advice! However, there are a bunch of videos related to mine, and are getting way more views than me. What do I do?

Btw, check out my channel, and plz, (not forcing you) but please, can you give me some ideas to improve?
    Thankyou sooooooooooo much!

71. Thanks for the tips.

72. Subscribe and check out my videos! I’m going to play more games and make Walkthroughs!

73. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcDw8usr7Kc
    Nations with the least unemployment rates: This entry contains the percent of the labor force that is without jobs. Substantial underemployment might be noted,,,

74. thanks you for the tips, very useful

75. Thanks! I got more views by following your tips, even on my older Videos =)

76. Hi please check out my channel & videos. I need Subscribers please thanks http://youtu.be/WYzP-_pdLME ….. thanx so much

77. I was shocked to know that YouTube & Google rank videos because of views. Here is the video which I manged to rank on Google , beating out thousands of videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqDqrE_v6pE because of link building but I still did not manage to the first spot but I think, it’s because my video is too new and by reading this post I am guessing that total video views is another factor.

Thanks for sharing this.

78. Thanks asher for the awesome post. This would really helpful to every one :)

79. Check me out at my official website at http://www.dhargravemusic1

Like me at http://www.facebook.com/DionI.AM.ME1

Follow me at http://twitter.com/DionHargrave

Dion: Singer/Songwriter/Producer: ”BABY YOU”

Greetings to you music lovers,
    Yes! My goal is to promote music, but my other goal is to invest my music to you. I want to get to know each of you personally (develop a relationship) and I want you to begin to trust/believe in what I do!

I am an American, but now I live in this beautiful country of Norway and I am here to bring some different music flavor to Norway. My ultimate dream is for my music to reach the masses all over the world.

So, I have come up with an offer to you, to display my music for free! I will tell you of future venues, concert, and other things in return! All I ask of you is to you spread my music to as many people as you can. I believe the only way I could make it is with your help. In return, you will benefit greatly. My purpose is to get sign, collaborate with other artist, bring good music, and of course make MONEY!

Below is my new single ”Baby You”. It’s crazy how the concept of this song came about. I was performing in a concert not too long ago and It went very well! Got some connections and ask to do a song with ”Shishko” from Break Records. I had an original song I knew could be a hit, so I finished it the next day. I thought to myself, ”Why not have two people do a song, from two different cultures, American and Norwegian.” So, a day in the studio to create a song and ”MAGIC” happened.

Listen carefully to the lyrics! Some men do want a woman with beauty, but also with substance! Enjoy! Video coming soon!

Vocals: Dion & Shishko

Lyrics/Music: Dion

Instruments: Dion & Simen ”The Magician” Høgal Pedersen

Sound Engineer: Simen ”The Magician” Høgal Pedersen & Tony Phokus Natali

Photographer for Dion: Michael Kabia

80. Great article Asher! Published in 2010 and the content is still very much relevant. I must agree that it’s a very thin line between getting thousands of views to barely 20. I’ve recently created a youtube channel and it’s brilliant designing and creating content – loads of fun. However, it is quite disheartning when so much energy goes into making the video and it gets lost in the youtube universe and then you stumble upon a “hand opening a door” clip with 200k+ views. It’s a very steep learning curve and articles like yours only gives hope thanks again!

81. I been trying to win this video contest to win 500$ but right now I only have 27 views :(

82. Lot’s of great videos and channels – thanks for sharing everyone! :)

@Queue Ball, yes I did originally publish it in 2010 but have been updating it every 6 months since then. I actually just updated it today so it is super relevant!

Cheers,

83. hey,
    ladies and gents so I got halfway down this tread and I have got to say this is not a place to beg for views or like!!
    I mean come on, keep to real questions about the service at hand. not help me get views and post links crap..
    that’s the problem with people these days everybody wants something for nothing…

84. my friend made this video and i really love it! im thinking about telling him about your services, check out the video and let me know what you think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cXT5WlJTo4 . have a nice day ttyl!!

85. @Asher, applying these great tipes is but a push in the right direction, as the road to to become a successful YouTuber is an ongoing journey. All the big YouTube stars have been sharing their videos for 2 or more years. It’s only in rear circumstances that a YouTuber rockets within a few months. How long has it taken you to be where you are now?

86. Today, I went to the beach with my kids.
    I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.”
    She put the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off topic but I had to tell someone!

87. @Queue Ball, I have spent about hour on YouTube everyday for the past 5 years :D Many of the channels I have worked on now have millions of views but you are right it definitely doesn’t happen over night. It’s all about being consistent and building a loyal subscriber base. All the tips above do help much more than people think and I am often surprised at how most people overlook these fast and free steps!.

88. Hello, I’m quite new to YouTube, and I’m posting videos to promote the development of a game of mine. These tips seem really good, although I’m still having a bit of trouble getting views. I only need a few to kickstart a larger fanbase. I think I may need to give more of a description for each video, but apart from that, does anything seem wrong about my channel or my videos?
    Thanks, Daniel.

89. @Daniel I’m not sure “Unity Platformer” is a good keyword? Are there any better ones? You can use this tool to find out https://www.youtube.com/keyword_tool Also connecting with other YouTubers in the same niche may help you.

Cheers,

90. nice post and tips, follow instructions well and you will get more views

91. Thanks, this tool is very useful, I can see that ‘Unity Platformer’ doesn’t have many searches per month, I’ll try ‘Unity 3d’ which seems to have more searches, and ‘Game’ has many too. Is commenting on other videos a good way to connect with fellow YouTubers? I also have a blog and some threads on various forums that I’ve embedded my videos on now. I’ve noticed small differences in keywords have huge differences in view numbers- ‘videogame’ has 900,000 less searches per month that ‘video game’, I can see that research really helps. This advice is great, thanks!
    -Daniel

92. Commenting on other videos is definitely a great way to connect with other YouTubers. The main thing is to add value and not say something like “check out my videos!”. Instead engage in a conversation and give constructive feedback and then people will naturally want to go and check out your videos. Yep research is key and can make a night and day difference.

Asher.

93. YouTube views are really more beneficial for promoting one’s business. The tool was really useful to increase the views. Thank you so much for the beautiful tips. Good job. Keep going!

94. Hi Asher,
    Thanks for posting such a good article!!
    Last month I created a channel on Youtube & uploaded my son’s 2 videos. Videos View count is very less & most of them have come from other websites. My videos don’t come in first 10 pages of you tube search results.
    Can you please guide me what wrong I am doing. Please check my videos (I am not asking for views just need guidance from you). Thanks again.
    My You tube Channel link

95. Hi Amit,

Your video is definitely cute but it is probably not going to be a viral video. I think your title could be more catchy and similar to other super popular videos. Did you make any video responses and share it on Facebook etc?

All the best,

Asher.

96. Great suggestions from a trustworthy name! A lot of people think marketing on YouTube ends when you fill in the description and tags boxes…

97. Hey Asher,

Some good ideas on how to increase your views on Youtube. I find creating a buzz on social networking sites helps a lot. The power of Facebook and Twitter is amazing. Also you can use the description bit to advertise your social networking sites and merchandise and anything else you can sell!

98. Hi mates.
    I’ve been doing videos for years and my videos don’t even pass 400 views in almost 2 years :( , i think i make enough tags and keywords but still not good enough, even worse: now my artistic name ‘Crazy Seed’ doesn’t even appear in the beginning of the first page of youtube like it used to being passed by another user using similar words in his videos ‘Crazy Seed, for example’ to mine videos :(.
    What can i do to go back to the top? and most important: what can i do to have more views? because 400 in 2 years is nothing :(.
    This is an example of a video of mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A50HM2sbdpU

Please see it and tell me what am i doing wrong, or what i could do to make it better in views/likes/etc :-S.
    Thanks by the way :).

99. Hi! Thanks for the help!!! IF YOU WANT GOOD QUALITY VIDEOS THAN WATCH MY CHANNEL at: MakeupMonster

100. pls like my video m.youtube.com/watch?v=aXO9T15UiPY&guid=&hl=en&client=mv-google&gl=IN

101. Some good tips here and in the comments.

What we should be doing as well is viewing each others videos here that have been posted. That way all the videos can get some more hits.

I’ve a few videos on my Youtube channel and one is going gang busters while the others are doing “ok” but no where near the top one. I did a lot of link building (forums, websites, blogs etc) for the top one which is the cause of its popularity With the others I’m attempting to do the same but it seems a bit harder (due to some of the topics).

Anyway my son attempted to create a video for me for my business but during the filing he was interrupted (by me) and then the video gets hilarious. He’s trying to get more hits than some of my video so I’d appreciate it if you could help out and view this link:

Thanks and I’ll try and get around to viewing all the videos in the comments.

102. on my video my view count is stuck at 300+ for a week now how long will it be on hold for?

103. Hi Lala,

That is strange. Usually videos only get stuck on 300 for a couple of days. I do know that YouTube has been performing major updates of their algorithm lately so maybe they are being extra strict with testing if views are real or not now.

If it doesn’t change, let me know.

Cheers,